Saturday, August 29, 2009

Trip to Walung

I won’t forget how stubborn we were to undertake the trip even though we were not really prepared for the trip. All of us didn’t have life jackets on and not to mention a few of us who were without foods and drinks for the trip. If it wasn’t for those who had the necessary provisions for the trip I think I wouldn’t be able to survive the whole trip, especially, the long walk to the bridge at Panyaa, Walung. The first group to board the engine boat would not have made it if it wasn’t for our skillful captain Mr. Norlinson. You see, it was part of our culture to share what little we have even if that comes in small amounts. For the first time, I noticed that my classmates here are kindred spirits. They share whatever they have (foods, drinks, jokes, laughter, conversations, paip, sra, laim, nuht, suhfa, etc. ) to those who are in desperate need of those.
I am a stranger to that place, but I acted on behalf of everyone as your tour guide at a certain point. I’m sure I didn’t do a great job with my role as a tour guide for we didn’t reach the best part of Walung. Despite the stomach cramps that a few of us had after our get-together lunch, I do believe that all of us had a great time. It was a pleasure accompanying you to Walung, Miss MJ. Hope you enjoy the trip as we did. Best regards from all of us back here in Kosrae.

No comments:

Post a Comment